Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas Break

As if tornadoes and earthquakes weren't enough, Oklahoma decided to add another disasterous event to the list- a blizzard! We received about 8 hours straight of snow and blowing winds of 40-50 miles an hour. I have made a note to myself that next year there will be no prayers for a white Christmas. After all, a white Christmas isn't all its cracked up to be when you plan a drive from Oklahoma City to Houston on Christmas Day.

Keeping warm during the Blizzard '09!
Madd and I set out on the road for what turned out to be the worst road trip of my life. After an hour of driving, Madd and I had made it about 30 miles from home only to have Madd inform me "I have Daddy's keys"!! I wanted to scream. We went home, dropped off the keys and started out again. The roads went from pretty good to horribly bad quite quickly because Oklahoma apparently does not own and cannot borrow a snow plow. I did learn to drive in winter weather during our tour in New England, but I guess it helps if the state is prepared for 14 inches of snow. We did make it to Houston after about 10 1/2 hours in the car.


We behaved ourselves all year and Santa made a stop to our house on Christmas Eve- blizzard and all.


Our time with family at home in Texas was wonderful. We had three other "rounds" of Christmas with some really great gifts.


I love this picture of my sweet girl- She loves some Tiffany's already! She really is a girl after my own heart.


We enjoyed seeing how much Jameson has grown and cuddling with him to so much!

Maddie had so much fun playing with her cousin Blake at Nanny Trudi's house. Nanny's house is always full of playtime and snacks that mommy won't let her have.



I hope everyone's holiday was also fun and family-packed! Have a great month, friends.
HUGS!

No comments: